I’ve been struggling to look after myself ‘properly’ ever since Torben entered this world. I promised myself a walk a day, to exclude dairy from my diet and to attempt earlier nights. I know it does no one any good, specifically myself, to beat myself up over empty promises. But I can’t help but feel disappointed in myself.
A friend of mine and I have signed up for beginners yoga and I am enthralled that it’s one thing I certainly can’t or won’t make excuses to get out of. The dog ate my yoga pants just won’t cut it.
I am a qualified chef so I absolutely love food and cooking; it’s one of my passions. Since becoming a mother I find myself having only moments of being absolutely adamant about my strict diet, the other half I resort to ‘I’m too tired to cook, let’s get pizza with all of the extra mozzarella’. If i’m going to have bad food, i might as well have all of the bad food. That’s logic, right?
When I do have the energy to make a healthy meal I love cooking and using clean, green and as much organic ingredients as I can! It brings me a lot of joy to feed myself and those that I love. So why can’t I be consistent at the moment?
For me, it all boils down to how tired I am on any given day, which at the moment seems to be all of the time; it’s just one annoying cycle.
- I’m tired because I don’t get to bed early or take advantage of the sleep that is available to me.
- I don’t get to bed early enough because I’m trying to clean the house so I don’t wake up to a mess.
- I clean the house so I don’t wake up to a mess because I want to have time to cook a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- But I wake up the next morning tired.
And thus the cycle starts again!
However, I have an idea to keep myself in check and to finally break the cycle!
- I will post a recipe, photo or ‘food diary’ each day!
- I must have a class on the go at any given time that I am able to do whilst recovering from my c-section.
I don’t plan on counting calories and weighing myself, that’s not my reason for any of this. I want to be a healthier, happier me. I want to be able to chase my little bear cub around and not feel like Harry Heartattack!
Does anyone else have this problem? Leave your story in the comments!
All of the love and support,
The Three Bears NZ.